HoardingUK works with organisations to make this affordable, relevant and empowering.
Recovery College Model
- Co-facilitated by professional and person who has lived experience of hoarding difficulties
- Useful for people affected by hoarding behaviours as well as professionals
- Improves understanding hoarding behaviours
- Looks at risk/Risk Assessment
- Explores the Care Act 2014 (including Safeguarding and Advocacy)
- Provides ‘Tips and Tricks’
- Is solution focused and empowering
- Outcome is an action plan
Support Group Development Programme (6 Month Model)
- Training takes place once a month for six months
- Support group for people being supported by professionals runs alongside the training six months
- After six months the group is handed over to the organisation creating a sustainable and on-going support model
- Includes all aspects of two-day training, including motivational interviewing
- Ongoing integrated case management
- Outcomes are policy and practice tools as well as an action plan
What They Say
“Very inspiring training. Wonderful. Thank you very much, HoardingUK are doing fantastic work.”
“I really enjoyed the training and the openness; knowledge and passion brought the topic to life.”
“The trainer’s knowledge and sensitivity to the subject was much appreciated.”
“I now have a clearer more understandable insight into hoarding. I will definitely reflect on this training day for many years to come.”
“I feel I can take on the world.”
“I am excited to take what I have learnt to help develop our organisation’s protocol with hoarding.”
“I will certainly be using the HoardingUK website for more information”.
“Training was very informative and provided us with a lot of skills and knowledge. Expectations where exceeded”.
“Probably the most interesting training course I have ever attended. My knowledge of hoarding has gone from zero to 10 in one day, just fantastic."
“I found it inspiring and insightful and the passion from the trainer was tangible.”
“Excellent course needs to be spread wider in communities and organisations.”
The goal of HoardingUK is to empower organisations, not to be the hub of the wheel.
All our training and services are designed to impact practice, improve outcomes and allow organisations to take expertise in-house.
For further information about HoardingUK training, please contact us.