We have a range of volunteer opportunities available. Our values are that volunteers need to benefit as much as the organisation. All volunteers are given monthly supervision, access to any local (Islington, London) free training. We provide a minimum of four half-day training sessions as well as monthly supervision. For people who want it, there is a group supervision held each month as well!
We ask for one four hour shift per week (Monday-Friday between 10am-5pm at our London office).
We reimburse for travel (up to Greater London Zone 6) lunch up to £5 per four hour shift. Shifts are typically 10am-2pm and 1pm-5pm.
We are an inclusive, supportive and fun office who work together well as a team. We welcome new people.
can you help?
- We send out over 1,000 information packs per year. Can you help us meet this important need?
- We work on Microsoft programs including Dynamics CRM and Skype for Business. Do you want to help us keep our data at the high standards we already do?
- Our phones are super busy. Do you want to be the person who welcomes people to HUK via our phone lines?
Student Placement Programme
- HUK knows that the only way to really change this is from the ground up. Our successful placement programme works with seven London colleges and universities. Are you a trainee psychological professional in need of placement?
- Supporting those who support our participants is a key focus of our work. Do your placement have a requirement for clinical supervision?
- We want everyone to succeed. Do you need a placement that manages all aspects of your qualification requirements?
Therapeutic & Spacial Change
- HUK does not provide a 'decluttering service'. Instead we offer up to one-year in-home therapeutic and spacial support. Are you a psychological professional?
- HUK does not want to be the hub of the wheel. Are you a person-centred support person, a person with lived experience or other who wants to provide practical support?
- HUK wants there to be more pathways for help in both statutory, charitable and community services. Do you want your team to be able to do more to make a difference?
- We answer hundreds of calls each week. Do you want to use your empathy and counselling skills to provide ongoing support to people with hoarding behaviour, their friends, family, neighbours, and professionals involved in their care?
- No phone call is ever the same, or simple. Do you want to use or expand your knowledge about the integration of social care, mental health, advocacy, law, etc.?
- We work with the nicest people, we mean it! Do you want to be a part of finding solutions for people impacted?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, we'd love to discuss our programmes with you. We will then book a call to discuss further.
020 3239 1600
M-F: 10am - 5pm
137-149 Goswell Road
London EC1V 7ET