RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
SALARY RANGE: London Living Wage
HOURS: Three days per week for three hours per day Monday – Friday. Hours could be extended subject to funding.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Six-month fixed term which may be extended subject to funding
LOCATION: Suite 103, Davina House, 137-149 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7ET
OVERVIEW OF HOARDINGUK
HUK is the only UK wide charity solely dedicated to supporting people impacted by hoarding behaviour. Hoarding Disorder is a complex, comorbid mental health condition which affects 2 to 5% of the population and their families. Those we support are from the most vulnerable or marginalised communities and a high number have other complex disorders or disabilities.
HUK promotes CHOICE and CONTROL using a holistic, integrated framework to provide a safe space for those at risk and to advocate for their legal rights. We are a small charity supporting a big issue undergoing a period of positive change and we are looking for the right team members who share our passion to join us.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We have received local funding for an exciting new project and will be opening an Advocacy “Hub” from our Islington Office. Visitors can:-
- Talk about their situation with regards to their hoarding and create an action plan
- Receive support to open their post and sort/action
- Assist in making phone calls to landlords/creditors/adult social care etc
- Check they are receiving the income support they are entitled to and assist in applications/appeals
- Receive welfare advice
- Have a cup of tea and a chat with other participants to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Receive signposting advice to external services based on participant need
Where time allows the successful candidate will also assist with incoming telephone and email enquiries and work with our advocacy volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- An interest and/or experience in mental health, housing, social care, legal and/or the benefit system
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- An empathetic persona with strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Efficient and organised with good attention to detail
INTERVIEW AND ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
If you need any support with the application or interview process, please let us know. People with lived experience of hoarding behaviour, and experience of accessing mental health services are encouraged to apply. This is an exciting opportunity for someone enthusiastic and energetic to advance or commence their career in the third sector.
To apply please email email@example.com with CV and a Covering Letter stating why you would like to apply for the role. We will be offering first interviews on a rolling basis over zoom and second interviews in our office. Offer of employment is subject to a DBS check. Training on hoarding behaviour, advocacy and other relevant areas will be provided.