HUK Newsletter August 2022
This Month, International Non-Profit Day is on 17 August!
This is a day where the efforts of non-profits and charities who strive to have a positive impact in their communities and around the world are recognised.
How can you support us this month and in the future?
- Donate! We know we know. But apart from setting up a One-Off or Monthly Donation to support our free services such as Advocacy, Telephone Helpline & Support Groups you can also support Megan’s Milestone Strut as part of The Big Give. We appreciate any amount, no matter how big or small.
- Volunteer! We couldn’t do what we do without the help of our superstar volunteers and we are always keen for new faces and perspectives. Whether it’s answering our incoming calls or fighting for justice in our advocacy team, we would love to hear from you.
- Social Media! Our links are at the bottom of this email and we would love and appreciate a follow and a share.
- Amazon Smile! Amazon is not everyone’s thing and we understand why, but if it does work for you did you know that with every order you can donate to your favourite charity? Check out smile.amazon.co.uk to get started
- Tell us how you feel! We’d love to hear how we can do better, what services you want to see and what ideas you have. We invite you to reply to this email to let us know.
However you support us THANK YOU and HAPPY INTERNATIONAL NON-PROFITS DAY!!
Megan’s 500 Milestone Strut
In our 15th year, HoardingUK has helped people who hoard to help themselves and supported those helping them to help them better! In this milestone year, our Founder/Chair is walking over one million steps to raise funds for this important cause which impacts up to three million people in the UK. Have a look at how well Megan is doing.
Do sponsor Megan by clicking here
Training & Support
- Space, Time, Stuff 19 August 11am
- LGBTQI+ 30 August 5pm
- Recovery College 2 September 2pm
We’d like to introduce to you…
Our New CEO, David Pearce
I have worked in the charity sector for over 20 years and before that in the commercial field. From small to large charities working locally, regionally, and abroad to large multi-national businesses, I have built up a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience learned over the years from these roles and hope I can use these to develop HUK.
Laura Horton takes Breathless to the Fringe Festival
Dr Gianette Rands
HoardingUK would like to thank Dr Rands for her ongoing commitment to her work over these many years. He wisdom and input have been valued by all who have had the good fortune to work with her. Read more about Gianette.
Volunteer with Us!