National Hoarding Conference 2023
How has clinical recognition changed support for PwHB?
18 May, 2023
On the ten year anniversary of the clinical recognition of hoarding behaviour have things improved?
It has been ten years since the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5-TR) classified hoarding disorder. Since that time, passage of the Care Act (2014) has recognised hoarding as potentially eligible for social care support. How has this changed the way we provide support?
HoardingUK, the UK national charity supporting people impacted by hoarding behaviours will be hosting our yearly National Hoarding Conference on the 18th of May. We want to hear from people who hoard and those providing support. Our conferences are interactive and focused on empowering attendees to bring systemic change/improvement within their roles.
Our Trustees & Team who will be part of the day, included:
- Megan Karnes (Founder/Chair, HUK)
- Dr Satwant Singh (Clinical Director, HUK/IAPT Newham and Waltham Forest-Co-Author ‘Overcoming Hoarding‘)
- Dr Stuart Whomsley (Co-Author BPS A Psychological Perspective on Hoarding)
- Julie Wilson (Trainer, HUK/Optivo Neighbourhood Manager): HOUSING PROFESSIONALS
- Heather Matuozzo (Trustee, Director CloudsEnd CIC): PARTNERSHIP WORKING
- Kimi Gordon (HUK Peer Mentor and Advocate): USER INVOLVEMENT
Opening Talk (Satwant/Stuart) – How Has Clinical Recognition Changed Support for PwHB?
PwHB sharing their stories
Improving Support Workshops