National Hoarding Conference 2022 – Capacity: Who’s Got it?
16 May, 2022: 10am-4pm In-Person, Location, TBC
Exploration of Mental and Practical Capacity Across People Who Hoard and Support Services
This year’s conference will be a Hybrid Event combing a “live” in-person event with a “virtual” online platform for remote attendees.
- For People with Hoarding Behaviour, how this is being assessed and what it would mean if capacity were more specifically considered?
- For services, as we move towards increased strain on budgets, how can we build appropriate capacity for support-based programmes into our plans?
Our Trustees & Team who will be a part of the day, include:
- Megan Karnes (Chair/Founder/Director, HUK): USER INVOLVEMENT
- Dr Satwant Singh (Clinical Director, HUK/IAPT Newham and Waltham Forest): PSYCHOLOGY
- Julie Wilson (Trainer, HUK/Optivo Neighbourhood Manager): HOUSING PROFESSIONALS
- Lee Markwick (Trainer, HUK/Retired Fire Officer & NHS Mental Health & Safety Officer): EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Michelle Murray, Esq. (Trustee, HUK/Senior Commissioning Officer, Adult Social Care, Kingston Council): LEGAL/ADVOCACY
- Heather Matuozzo (Trustee, Director CloudsEnd CIC): PARTNERSHIP WORKING
- Verity Broome (HUK Operations and Strategy General Manager): USER INVOLVEMENT
- Susha Eng (HUK General Manager, Systems and Therapeutic In-Home Support Services): USER INVOLVEMENT
- Shamiso Mazaiwana (HUK Telephone Helpline and Therapeutic Service Manager): USER INVOLVEMENT
- Kimi Gordon (HUK Peer Mentor and Advocate): USER INVOLVEMENT
The conference location is being confirmed, with the location to be announced later. Early bird tickets are on sale now. If you buy an ‘in-person’ ticket, it can be transferred to a virtual one and vice versa.
Early Bird special of £75 (with reduced rates for members) for both virtual and in-person attendance.
From 1 March 2022, they will go up to £125 and all tickets include HUK Membership with an additional 10% discount on virtual training. HUK Membership sign up