Jasmine’s help at Help for Hoarders has been invaluable. She set the site up because of her mother’s chronic hoarding problems and because of her own experiences as a child growing up feeling ashamed and isolated because of their messy and cluttered home.
National Hoarding Conference 2018 – Improving Person-Centred Outcomes is an event for people, nationwide, who are affected by hoarding behaviour and the professional services who support them. This conference is being held as a precursor to an International Conference in UK in 2019. Our theme in 2018 is ‘Partnership Working’.
Using expert-led, structured workshops and interactive discussion panels, the conference – organised by HoardingUK – has been designed as a proactive, outcome-driven programme of systemic and personal change planning. In order to ensure that enduring results are achieved, agreed plans will be monitored and evaluated throughout the following year, with regular updates in our member’s area and our newsletter.
The National Hoarding Conference will be focused on exploring key themes, understanding issues and developing implementable and monitorable solutions in the following areas (alphabetically):
· Environmental Health
· Fire Brigade
· General Practitioners (GP’s)
· Housing Support Models
· Legal Frameworks
· Mulit-disciplinary Working
· User Involvement including
· Support Groups
· To improve person-centred positive change models
· To bring systemic change via panel discussions
· To implement outcome monitoring throughout the year
· To join up services, participants and relevant support resources
· To increase support groups across the UK
· To have people join our iCount! campaign