Jasmine’s help at Help for Hoarders has been invaluable. She set the site up because of her mother’s chronic hoarding problems and because of her own experiences as a child growing up feeling ashamed and isolated because of their messy and cluttered home.
At this stage due to a scheduling conflict, Jasmine is unable to attend the 2019 Conference but will be supporting it by contributing to media and holding further auctions!
Using expert-led, structured workshops and interactive discussion panels, the conference – organised by HoardingUK – was designed as a proactive, outcome-driven programme of systemic and personal change planning. In order to ensure that enduring results are achieved, agreed plans will be monitored and evaluated throughout the following year, with regular updates in our member’s area and our newsletter.
The members area launched Sept 2018. We will be running monthly forum-inars and regular webinars. Click here for more information.
The National Hoarding Conference was focused on exploring key themes, understanding issues and developing implementable and monitorable solutions in the following areas (alphabetically):
· Environmental Health
· Fire Brigade
· General Practitioners (GP’s)
· Housing Support Models
· Legal Frameworks
· Mulit-disciplinary Working
· User Involvement including
· Support Groups
· To improve person-centred positive change models
· To bring systemic change via panel discussions
· To implement outcome monitoring throughout the year
· To join up services, participants and relevant support resources
· To increase support groups across the UK
· To have people join our iCount! campaign