Benefit Support Helpline
Our Benefits Support Line phone number is 07444 053 520. You can text to book a call or if you need to get in touch but don’t have a contract, we’ll call you right back!
You can also email us on email@example.com
Benefits Support is a helpline where you can discuss issues related to benefits such as:
- How to claim certain benefits.
- Obstacles and difficulties you may face when dealing with the DWP, especially if you don’t normally deal with them or you’re a new claimant.
- What to do before you go to an advice agency.
- What to be aware of if you have an appointment with Atos, Capita or Maximus for an assessment with your Employment Support Allowance or Personal Independence Payments.
- Help with form filling.
- Help for carers, family and friends who may be supporting someone with hoarding or other issues
- Knowing what to do when something goes wrong.
- Where to get the best and most appropriate advice online.
- Reassurance if you’re nervous, frightened, undecided or unsure about what to do, where to go or how to claim.
- Coping strategies for Stress and Anxiety Management.
- Help clear up confusion in relation to the benefits system.
- How to deal with Mandatory Reconsiderations and Appeals.
- Access to specialist websites, Facebook groups, template letters, diaries and benefit walk-throughs to assist with filling in forms and explaining your situation in application forms and putting extra information in your claim or applications.
- How to deal with changes in circumstances.
- Traps and Pitfalls when claiming disability benefits.
- Problems with the Bedroom Tax.
- Signposting to other relevant services who can support you depending on your circumstances and situation.
- A place where you can discuss and explore how to make progress with benefit issues or any problems you’ve encountered in relation to Employment Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payments or Disability Living Allowance.
- If you are struggling with debt issues we can point you in the direction of support whether online, locally or nationally.
- We work with Turn2Us to help you with Benefit Calculations and / or Applying for Grants from Charitable Organisations.
- We work with Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) to give you the best and most up to date advice related to benefit issues and related difficulties.
- We have access to current (2016-2017) specialist publications:
- Disability Rights Handbook – Disability Rights UK.
- Welfare Rights and Tax Credits Handbook – Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG).
- The Big Book of Benefits – published by Mind the mental health charity.
To find out more about Edward and his experience of supporting others click here.
We are able to write letters, make calls and work to bring professionals and people who
deal with hoarding behaviours to find a way forward. Please get in touch by letter, phone or email.
137-149 Goswell Road
London EC1V 7ET
T: 020 3239 1600
Office hours: 10:00-17:00 Monday-Friday